Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Checked in and ready to go

The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in. (B.K.S Iyengar)

Every girl is conscious about everything they don't like about their body.  I've never met one who is completely at peace within their body.  My advice is to stop listening to the media and getting caught in the hype of what you should be.  Be who you are, be your best self and be happy!

My weight and shape has fluctuated over the years.  Up a size, down a few, wearing baggy tops to hide the love handles to wearing the form fitting little numbers because it just feels so good.  


I've always been mindful of others - shape, size and weight.  I mean does someone really need to be told they've gained weight?  Do you think they don't know that already?  I've always thought it rude and judgmental for one to be inconsiderate to address such a personal matter to another, which may hurt their feelings and or embarass the other.  Clearly I've been the recipient of receiving such unnecessary verbal vomit. Needless to say, I've come a long way since then.  I don't pay attention to these types of remarks anymore because my body shape, size and weight is no-one's business except mine. So there!


Honestly speaking, I am not uncomfortable in my body at all.  However, I do want to work on getting into my best fit self.  I want to tone and firm up.  This feels right.  I want to feel better than I've ever felt before.  I'm not a yoga expert, nor have I been a yoga participant on a regular basis.  I have gone to a yoga class about half a dozen times, and know this: that I felt a sense of peace, loved that it helped to quiet my mind, and I loved walking away feeling tranquil.  Nothing wrong with that!


I am obviously not bothered about having my picture taken at WYNNYoga and posting it to share with all.  So, I can see a couple of little rolls, big deal.  That will all change as we move forward.  Embracing all the possibilities.  Know the after is great and that the journey to get there is already magnificent because I found a facility which is in total alignment of what I live, breathe and feel.  If you don't have that connection, it's just not going to happen.


So here I go.  I got on the scale - 145lbs.  Not fussed about the pounds.  Like I said, 10-15 pounds less will be great.  Measured up ~ hips 37", waist 33" and bust 36" .  You know what's so great about these measurements?  It's the average size body of most real women.  I'd like to love 1" off the hips, 3" off the waist and truthfully, I like my bust size exactly where it is!  


Oh, and I'm not eliminating anything from my Mediterranean diet at all.  Fresh european bread once a week.  I love to eat veggies and fruit, love my cheese, fish, chicken and occasionally red meat.  Love to grill! Love to cook!!  Love to eat, but in moderation.

Classes start February 1st at WYNNYoga, 300 John Street, Thornhill.  Can't wait and of course I'll be sharing the journey!

Balance and Blessings to all!







No comments:

Post a Comment