Monday, January 16, 2012

Working Out My Way

I won't say that I've worked out consistently throughout my life but I do like to be active.  I've worked out off and on throughout the last 20 years and when I do, I feel absolutely great!

Like many of you, I've been a member at a gym at least 3 times.  I start off great and then I go less and less until I stop going to the gym altogether.  In hindsight I know I stopped going because I wasn't having fun.  I just didn't feel a real connection with the gym, or the box, or that place, whatever you want to call it.

I joined Wynn Fitness in 2010 because I wanted to get into my best and healthiest self and of course it was convenient to get to.  I thought this time it was going to be different and that I'd be there at least 3 times a week.  Of course that didn't happen due to health issues and I was back where I was before - just not going!

Towards the later part of 2011 I was seriously contemplating my work out situation and what I was going to do to get fit.  I could stand to lose 10-15lbs.  More importantly, I want to firm and tone.  If I'm going to work out I want to have fun and really enjoy the form of exercise I choose to do.  I've been thinking about Zumba, which I love, and used to do daily (have the tapes) but I also wanted to get into yoga but every facility I looked at was not ideal location wise.

Last week, my daughter Elaine, Fabulous Living Coach, a fitness lover, went to Wynn Fitness in Thornhill and became a member.  When she returned from her workout, she told me, "mom, they're doing yoga and now they're called WynnYoga".  I'm so excited!!  I'm going back to them and from now on I refuse to call them a "gym" because I hate that word!  It's convenient and as I am in control of my schedule, I'm also going to fit me into WynnYoga and my day!

And, while I'm sharing news on healthy and safe skincare, I'm going to share my journey to fitness and a healthier me and my body with you. As much as I like before and after pictures, I'm not so thrilled about the before picture WynnYoga is going to take of me......I'm going to upload it later this week and we'll all follow my progress while I'm having fun doing what I want to do!

Remember, you have to own your health, and I'm going to do more of that too!








No comments:

Post a Comment